Soft, chewy and sooo good! If you like Bobo’s, you’ll love these homemade oat snacks. The whole family will love these. And they’re a hit with kids. I have some pretty picky eaters in my home and these passed the taste test.
The best part about this recipe is that there it’s dairy free and egg free.
These oat bars are perfect to add to breakfast or as a snack to keep you going! They’re also vegan and a healthier oat baking recipe than you’ll find on the internet.
Let’s get baking!
Chewy Dark Chocolate Oat Bars
Prep time: 10 MINS
Cook time: 12 MINS
Total time: 22 MINS
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– ½ cup softened coconut oil
– 2 chia “eggs” (2 tbsp chia + 2/3 cup water – mix and set for 15 mins)
– 1 tsp yeast or baking soda
– 2 cup oat flour @bobsredmill
– 2 cups oats (any will do)
– ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks or as much as you’d like
1. First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl or in pan with stand mixer or mixing spoon, mix coconut oil and brown sugar for 1 minute.
3. Add in chia egg, vanilla (optional) and yeast or baking soda. Mix until combined.
4. Then, mix in oat flour and oats.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Slightly press down with your fingers.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. They’ll be soft, but the cooling process will help harden them up a bit. Finally, cool on pan for 3 minutes before dividing and removing to a cooling rack.
*Cut into bite-size portions for a quick healthy snack.
*Stores well in the fridge for up to 7 days. These freeze well, too!