The healthcare industry is in need of access to professionals who can coach sustainable lifestyle changes such as nutrition, exercise, and mindset. Hiring a coach might sound like an excess in today’s world, but they can help prevent and holistically treat health concerns such as heart disease, obesity, sleep deprivation, depression, stress, and anxiety.
Whether you’re starting a total lifestyle change or simply want to tweak what’s already working, a health coach can increase your chances of success. Working with a coach will not only save you valuable time and money, but it will keep you from the confusion and frustration of beginning a health journey by yourself.
Here are some signs that you might benefit from the help of a health coach:
- You don’t feel as healthy as you would like. Consulting your primary care provider and partnering with a health coach can give you a fresh perspective on your personal health and well-being. A health coach can help you make sustainable adjustments that have a major effect on your health.
- You can’t stick to your health goals. A health coach can help you better structure your life to more easily meet your goals — whether you want to control your chocolate cravings or stay with an exercise routine. With regular check-ins, you’ll feel more accountable and supported in your journey to better health.
- You’ve tried every diet, and you’re tired of regaining the weight. If you’ve been on every diet imaginable, and you’re feeling discouraged, a health coach can help you figure out what’s not working, and why. Maintaining a healthy weight is more than what you eat on a day to day basis. Your health coach can help you lose unwanted pounds by looking at all the lifestyle challenges that may be keeping you from success.
- You want to eat better but don’t know where to begin. Diets come and go, and many promise a lifetime of good health. A health coach is trained in dozens of dietary theories and can guide you toward an eating plan that nourishes body, mind and spirit.
- You want to be a good role model for healthy living. Of course, your priority is to establish your own healthy habits. And when that happens, you’ll inspire people around you – in your family, at work and in your community.
- You need someone on your side. If you’ve ever searched the internet for answers to health questions — and ended up more confused than ever — a health coach may be your answer. They can help you sort fact from false information and create an approach that’s just right for you. Health coaches are trained to be supportive and encouraging. And they can help you achieve more than you could on your own.
If you think a health coach may be right for you, schedule a free session with me so can get the support you need on your journey to good health.